Padsicles? May sound funny but it is a life saver during those postpartum days. Much like popsicles, these are frozen treats for all the soreness and ache down south. Ahem. Whether you’ve had a natural no-meds labour, hours long ordeal with an epidural or a c-section- these are a must have for all new moms as they will soothe and heal your swollen, sore vagina/perineal muscles.These are a cross between sanitary napkins and ice packs. You may prepare and freeze them ahead of time. Here’s how to do it:
Things you’ll need:
- Oversized/ maternity sanitary napkins
- Witch Hazel ( Alcohol free): clean and moisturise sensitive area without irritating it
- Aloe vera gel: soothes and promotes healing
- Lavender Essential Oil (Optional but highly recommended): Superb for healing tissue and has a light, pleasant smell.
How to make Padsicles:
- Wash your hands and make sure you touch the actual pad as little as possible.
- Lay them out flat and make sure the sticky part is intact so that u can fold them back again.
- Take a tablespoon full of aloevera gel and spread it all over the pad. Let it soak in for a while
- Take another tablespoon of witch hazel and spread it on pad.
- Sprinkle 3-4 drops of lavender essential oil (optional).
- Fold them back again and stick in the freezer.
How to use Padsicles:
Just pop one out of the freezer and use as you would a regular pad. Initially as the bleeding is in full swing, you might want to change one every few hours. These will help reduce soreness and swelling, soothe your muscles, control bleeding and promote quick healing.
Heavenly and a must-have for those painful chilla days!!!